Summer sunshine brings summer bounty! It’s peak berry season here in Ontario, which means that fresh, organically grown berries are widely available at farmers markets and grocery stores. At the top of my berry list? Blueberries!
Blueberries are jam-packed with nutrients and are the ultimate everyday superfood! They contain a wide range of vitamins and minerals and are super high in antioxidants which help protect you from illness.
They are such a refreshing and healthy treat on their own, but they are also amazing when baked into muffins.
Wanna make some?
2 ripe bananas
½ cup smooth almond butter
¼ cup unsweetened nut milk
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
½ cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a 12 space muffin tin
2. Add all wet ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients minus the blueberries and process until well mixed
4. Fold blueberries into batter and spoon into muffin tins
5. Bake for 20 minutes
6. Let cool for at least half an hour, their texture will firm up more as they cool
Want more amazing recipes like this?? Follow Alexandra Nucci on her instagram @thenutritionisteats or check her out at http://www.thenutritionisteats.com